Marstal Schooner "Nordlyset II"
– 1894 in Rödvig, DK built by the shipyard owner T.F. Nielsen as a cargo ship with cleaner rigging, voyages with various general cargo in the North and Baltic Sea area, but mainly to Greenland. – 1937 first auxiliary engine, a 75 HP Grena glow-head diesel engine installed, still used as a cargo sailing ship. – At the beginning of the 1960s converted to stone fishing, construction of a wheelhouse, use of 1 mast as crane, until 1976 also seaweed fished for the pharmaceutical industry. – In 1977 the ship ran aground, was completely dismantled in 1978 and completely restored by 13 helpers at a Danish shipyard in 44300 working hours until 1981 according to old museum plans as a yacht schooner, planned use as a passenger sailing ship. Recognized in 2005 as a passenger sailing ship worthy of preservation by the Danish Maritime Authority. This is a short story of the history of this beautiful Marstal Schooner Nordlyset II built in 1894. Now she is looking for a new owner who loves heritage and traditions.